I did it in the slow cooker as my friend does not yet have a stove (but she has a gorgeous kitchen.) The recipe isn't perfect yet, but it was delicious and Mr. Barefoot has spent the evening eating the leftovers I brought home and there are none left.
- 3 boxes cream cheese (you can use 1/3 less fat kind)
- 1 box pasta (I used elbow macaroni, but I think next time I'll use penne)
- cheese (I used 2 cups of yellow cheddar, but it actually wasn't that cheesy, so I would add some white cheddar as well)
- 1 1/2 cups half and half (try it with milk and let me know how that goes)
- 1 lb crab meat (buy it at Costco - the Phillips lump crab meat)
- old bay
- Pour pasta into slowcooker (uncooked).
- Add half and half or other dairy liquid. Add old bay.
- Add cheese. And more old bay.
- Add crab meat. And some more old bay.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (our slow-cooker cooks so fast I actually cooked it on high for an hour and then I switched it to low for 3 while we went tubing.)
Try it. Play with the recipe. Get back to me on how you made it and whether that worked for you.