1.) Pack the can opener WITH the canned goods. I'm serious. It sounds so simple, but it's so key.
2.) Shut down the kitchen 1+ week before you move. Last Sunday, I made pasta salad and a pasta casserole and we lived off that for the week.
3.) Just order takeout. I think last time, we didn't do this. This time, we ate takeout for three days straight and it was a major stress reducer.
4.) Use the crockpot once you move. It means you only have to clean one thing, and you don't have to put anything away, since you don't know where anything goes yet. Win-win.
That being said, here is my original recipe for pre-moving/clean out the fridge eggplant pasta:
- 1 half eaten box of pasta (any shape, I used mini bows)
- 1 half-full jar of pesto
- 1 eggplant
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Put eggplant, squash, garlic, onion in crockpot with some olive oil on high for 2 hours.
- Add half box of pasta, dry.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice. Add half a can of water.
- Cook for another 2 hours or until pasta is tender.
- Add pesto.
- Eat. Or put in tupperwares. Good with goat cheese. Or feta.
Are you moving? What are some moving meals that you make?