To cook bulgar, you can either follow the instructions on the package, or boil 7 oz. of bulgar with 750 mL water (the recipe I used today was metric.) Some recipes will call for cooked bulgar to start with. Some will give you instructions.
Today we had a ton of leftover mushrooms (why, oh why, do I shop at Costco?) so I made a mushroom bulgar pilaf type thing.
- 7 oz. Bulgar
- 750 mL water
- Bunch of mushrooms (I think probably a half pound)
- Olive Oil
- Parmesean cheese
- Sundried tomatoes, chopped/sliced thin.
- Cook bulgar and water together (with some salt). Cook for about 15 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic in olive oil and butter on medium heat. Add mushrooms, saute until mushrooms look delicious.
- Add bulgar to mushrooms. Add salt and pepper.
- Add parmesean to mix.
- Serve garnished with sundried tomatoes.