I like falafel alot, but it's time consuming to make. Recently I had a delicious falafel taco, and it occurred to me that deconstructed falafel tacos are definitely the way to go. So I took the falafel ingredients from The Meat Lovers Meatless Cookbook and popped them in the crockpot, then made tacos.
2 cups chickpeas (dried and soaked, or a can of dried chickpeas)
1 small onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tps baking powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried cilantro
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
Greek yogurt, dill
Tomato, sliced thinly
1. Combine chickpeas, onion, and garlic in food processor and pulse until well combined.
2. Add remaining ingredients, continue to pulse until spices are evenly distributed.
3. Spray crockpot with olive oil. (Alternatively, spray a 9x13 pan and preheat the oven to 350).
4. Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 3-4 hours or until crispy/crunchy and warm through.
5. Combine greek yogurt and dill until dill is dispersed in yogurt.
6. Fill tortillas with falafel, greek yogurt, and tomato.