This morning, I prepped all of the veggies, etc. for this week and it only took a couple of hours to prep everything and saute up the onions/peppers for the chili and for the enchilada filling. I made the sweet potatoes in the crockpot while I did that, so all I'll need to do on Tuesday is put them in the oven or microwave to warm back up, and then top them with homemade cinnamon marshmallows. Mostly, this week just required chopping onions and peppers (and I used frozen) and some garlic, but was pretty easy, so if you are wary of menu planning, I would recommend it.
Week of 11/17/13
- Sunday: caramelized tofu - http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/caramelized-tofu-recipe.html
- Monday: crockpot enchiladas http://www.thekitchn.com/easy-dinner-recipe-slowcooker-127016
- Tuesday: fish, sweet potatoes, green beans (I'll probably do the fish with a honey mustard sauce)
- Wednesday: BBQ lentils http://barefootandinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2012/08/barbecue-lentils.html
- Thursday: 3 Bean Chili with chive flecked cornmeal Dumplings (CR) - http://barefootandinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2012/01/cookbook-challenge-fresh-from.html
- Friday: Pasta and sauce