This is an easy, quick and dirty, soup-from-a-can recipe. I recommend using Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper soup that comes in a 32-oz box.
1 box roasted red pepper soup
1 1/2 cups rice
1/2 block tofu
1 cup frozen peas or other vegetables
Cutting board and knife
- Pour box of soup into pot - if you like less sodium, use less soup and add water.
- Bring soup to a boil. Add rice. Cover and allow to simmer.
- Cut tofu into thin strips, add to soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Add frozen peas.
- Allow to simmer an additional 10 minutes, or until soup is ready.