This recipe is one of my favorites. Who would have thought that sweet potatoes are deliciously fantastic in tacos?
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 large sweet pototo, peeled and diced
- 1 can black beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- Shredded monteray jack cheese
- Flour tortillas
- 4-6 quart slow cooker
- Prep bowls
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Layer ingredients in the slow cooker in the following order: sweet potato, beans, half of spice mix, garlic, onion, pepper, remaining spice mix, corn.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5 hours or until delicious.
- Pile into tacos, add cheese, eat.