Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Cookies

So the cookie bake ended up being a little sad - most people couldn't make it out, what with traffic and holiday stress, which is totally understandable, so it was me, my hockey buddy, and her boyfriend. My sister and brother-in-law stopped by too, later, to enjoy eating the cookies.
I wound up using the dough from the Best Recipe Cookbook. I went with that recipe because normally when I have trouble with a recipe, I use the BRC and it fixes whatever problem I'm having. My french toast is always too soggy. BRC adds flour to the french toast mix, and tells you how long exactly to soak each side of the bread for, and then how long to cook it for. French toast comes out crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. Same with waffles.
However, the sugar cookies were only mostly okay, but the cream cheese glaze was weird. My sister actually spit it out when she tried it. I'm going to have to get my cousin's girlfriend's recipe, because that was pretty good. Or I could continue to make drop cookies because my cutters are rusty and rolling dough out is a pain in the ass. Plus my drop cookies are good.
I also did spritz cookies, and I still can't figure out how to get the dough off the cookie press.

No comments:

Post a Comment