Sunday, February 26, 2012

Baked Tofu

I recently figured out how to bake tofu in a way that it is easy to add to any stir-fry, salad, or anything else.  It's not quite as good as when you coat it with cornstarch and deep-fry it, but it's better than when you try to saute it in the pan.  I've taken to buying tofu at Costco ($3.79 for 6 grocery-store sized blocks) and so then I spend an occasional Sunday baking it so I can toss it into salads or use it in stir fry during the week.

Baked Tofu
- 1 block of tofu
- cooking spray

Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Press tofu between two cutting boards or some other method for draining it.
2. Cut tofu into small cubes - probably about 1/2 inch.
3. Spread evenly on greased pan.  Cook for 20 minutes.
4. Turn tofu over to the other side, cook for another 20 minutes or until crispy-ish.  Toss into dinner, or store in the refrigerator or freezer for easy use.

Anybody got any good salads, etc. that they like to add tofu to?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good! I love tofu. I went to Costco last night and made a point to look for tofu...but I couldn't find it anywhere! I guess my store must not carry it. Such a bummer because that is a GREAT deal on tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, they only carry it in one of my local Costcos here - and it happens to be one in a community with a high Asian population, so you may want to try a different store. (Ironically, the same store does NOT carry the bulk israeli pearl couscous and the bulk tofu, so now I shop at multiple costcos.)

    ReplyDelete