Sunday, April 22, 2012

Banana Bread


I'm sorry if I've shared this recipe before, but I couldn't find it when I searched my archives.  This is my friend Boston's banana bread recipe, and it's delicious.  I'm making it for my old secretary for Administrative Professionals Day this week.  

2 large or 3 small bananas mashed

Sift together:
2 cups sifted flour
½ ts baking powder
¾ ts baking soda
½ ts salt

Beat together:
½ cup shortening
1 ¼ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 ts vanilla

Add ¼ cup sour cream or applesauce (you could also use greek yogurt or buttermilk)

Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients, gradually, stirring pretty well. Then add applesauce, then the mashed bananas, mixing it all together well.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes in a greased tube pan or loaf pans (I make mini loaf pans of this and it's delicious).  

No comments:

Post a Comment