Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Light Zucchini Cream for Pasta

I haven't tried making this yet, but it looks delicious!
Recipe is from VegWeb, I'll edit/update once I've actually tried it. I think this might be really good with some ricotta cheese (because I'm not a vegan).
Ingredients:
  • 1 medium zucchini
  • 1 medium carrot
  • 1 medium onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
    salt, pepper, any seasonings you prefer
    olive oil or cooking spray
  • pasta, any type
Procedure:
Bring water to boil and start cooking pasta. (This amount of sauce is enough for about 10oz of pasta.)

Roughly grate zucchini and carrot. I like to leave the skin on zucs because those tiny green pieces of it look very pretty.

Chop onion and mince garlic.

In a skillet fry onion and carrot in some olive oil (or use cooking spray) until onion is clear. Add grated zucchini and garlic and saute for 5 minutes until it's done.

Transfer into blender and run it until the sauce gets all creamy. Salt and pepper to taste.

Your pasta should be done by now. Drain it. Return sauce to a skillet, add pasta and heat a minute or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment