Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yellow Tofu Curry

I made a delicious dish last night. It's a yellow curry, which is the least spicy of the thai curries, and was made using a yellow curry sauce from my local gourmet food store (read - Trader Joe's).
Ingredients:
1 yellow pepper
2 red peppers
1 onion
1/2 block tofu
flour
Frozen or canned pineapple (or fresh)
Vegetable oil
1/2 bottle Trader Joe's Yellow Thai Curry Sauce

Equipment:
Vidalia Chop Wizard (or vegetable knife)
knife and cutting board
paper towels or dishtowel
frying pan
wok
shallow plastic dish to hold flour to coat tofu

Procedure:
  1. Chop vegetables.
  2. Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes.
  3. Coat tofu lightly with flour.
  4. Heat approx. 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil in frying pan.
  5. Fry tofu until cripsy and brown on all sides.
  6. Drain on paper towels/dish towel. Set aside.
  7. Heat small amount of oil (1tbsp) in wok.
  8. Add onions. Cook until transparent.
  9. Add peppers. Cook until light red instead of bright red.
  10. Add sauce.
  11. Add tofu.
  12. Stir until coated and heated.
Can be served over rice or noodles.

2 comments:

  1. As I recently discovered and purchased good tofu in my neighborhood, I will be trying this recipe very soon. Finally, I get to use the wok! But I'm not a huge fan of yellow curry. Do you have any comments on curry substitution?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So last week, I made this recipe with Catherine, and it was awesome and I still have leftovers which I have been sharing and enjoying. However, I bought a whole pineapple for use in the recipe, and when we finished making it I realized: I still had the whole pineapple!! So as well as pointing out this ingredient/instruction miscommunication, I have a request: Can you give me something to do with my new whole pineapple?

    ReplyDelete