Wednesday, June 3, 2009

mmmm dinner.

Tonight I finally got myself to a grocery store. I've been living off a Target and Trader Joe's preliminary run which left me with a random array of foodstuffs.
So for dinner I made myself eggplant topped with sauted onion and cheese.
Ingredients:
  • eggplant, sliced into half-inch-thick slices
  • onions, cut into slices
  • cheese (I used cheddar and mozzerella)
Procedure:
  1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Saute onions in frying pan. Set aside.
  3. Fry eggplant in pan.
  4. Set eggplant on cookie sheet. Top with onions and cheese.
  5. Bake in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melty.
This was good, but it has a lot of potential. Different cheeses, and next time I'm definitely adding garlic to the onions mixed. And maybe some balsamic vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment