Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Zuchinni and Quinoa Pilaf

I went to the farmer's market this morning. I got some zuchinni and asparagus. I made zuchinni with quinoa and onions and garlic for dinner. It was pretty good, but I would have cooked the garlic and the zuchinni at the same time. Also, I'm bitter because the guy at the farmer's market gave me the smallest zuchinni that they had!
Ingredients:
  • Yellow Zuchinni
  • Green Zuchinni
  • Garlic
  • 1/2 Onion
  • 1/4 cup quinoa
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Salt & Pepper
Procedure:
  1. Chop all ingredients. I like to slice the zuchinni really thin. Mince garlic and onions.
  2. Rinse quinoa. Boil in 1/2 cup of water and reduce to a simmer.
  3. Saute onions until soft.
  4. Add garlic and zuchinni.
  5. Saute until delicious. Add seasonings.
  6. Add quinoa once water has been absorbed.
You can eat with cheese, or without. I'm trying to cut down on my cheese intake, so I abstained.

No comments:

Post a Comment