Saturday, January 23, 2010

Butternut Squash Pizza

You know how sometimes you eat something and you just wonder "how did I live my entire life without eating this?" This pizza is such an item.

We've been keeping pizza crust dough on hand, so when I found this recipe at school and sent it to Mr. Barefoot, we knew we could do it for dinner that night, cuz we didn't have to make the dough. I highly recommend keeping it on hand - if you buy this book, which you should, the thin crust dough recipe makes 3 crusts - just freeze one and refrigerate one. (I don't know how long it keeps for - ours made it 2 weeks.

The only way we modified this recipe was to skip the rosemary cuz we were out; and pre-bake the crust. Mark did all the butternut squash prep work, which I appreciated muchly. I did the dough rolling, which was way too easy. I then baked the crust for 10 minutes at 400 while the squash and whatnot softened up. Then I added the squash and onions to the crust, put it in at 450 for 8 minutes, then added the cheese (and we used about a half-cup to a cup of cheese).

I didn't take pictures because it was too delicious and needed to be in my mouth stat, so hopefully next time I'll remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment