You will need:
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 3/4 inch thick steaks.
- 4-5 cloves garlic (if you don't like that much garlic, well, why are you reading this blog?)
- 2 tbsp (ish) olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Baking sheet
- Indoor grill (or maybe a frying pan)
- Oven at 350
- Basting brush
- Food processor
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put eggplants on a baking sheet, bake for 10-20 minutes, flipping midway.
- Meanwhile, put 4-5 peeled garlic cloves in food processor; dice. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, spices, salt, and pepper. Process until well combined.
- Take eggplant steaks out of the oven. Brush both sides with oil/vinegar mixture. Allow to sink in while grill heats.
- Place on grill, close grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes.
- Stack eggplants in a tower, with cheese between each eggplant.
Mr. Barefoot says this is the best eggplant I've ever made. My only problem is that there is not enough protein in these as a main course, so I got hungry again a few hours later and needed a snack. We served these with polenta cakes and zucchini sauted in the same sauce as the steaks.