I went to make butternut squash pizza tonight and realized we didn't have any pizza crust on hand. We did have macaroni, evaporated milk, and cheddar cheese, so I whipped up this macaroni and cheese.
You will need:
1 small butternut squash, sliced and diced into small pieces
1 onion, chopped
1/2 box macaroni
3 cloves garlic
1 can evaporated milk
2 cups cheese
1. Cook butternut squash and onion in oven on 400 degrees until soft, about 30 minutes. Chop into additional pieces if necessary (the mixture should be a somewhat soft mash).
2. Boil water, cook pasta until al dente.
3. In a separate pan, saute shallot and garlic in olive oil.
4. Add flour and allow to cook for a minute in the oil. Add evaporated milk. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring.
5. Add butternut squash and onion to milk. Add cheese. Add pasta. Add salt, pepper, spices to taste. Top with breadcrumbs.
6. Bake pasta on 350 until bubbles - about 10 minutes.