Friday, December 24, 2010

Saving

My sister brought us this awhile ago. I mean, two years ago. We thought we would save it and use it for something really special. But recently, I've been helping my hoarder parents clean out their house. And I realized I wanted to use the chocolate, even if it wasn't for something special, for something now, rather than letting it go bad. So, for my husband, I made chocolate dipped shortbread stars.

Then I ate a bunch of them. They were amazing - and I don't like shortbread.



Recipe here - I halved it to get a workable amount of dough, and since it was just the two of us. I was pleased by how easy they were to cookie-cutter - I used tiny stars from the Creative Cutters set and the tiny size is probably key.

I burned one batch. Use an air-bake pan and the oven timer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment