The thing about stuffing is that it's actually pretty simple. When you use homemade croutons, it's a little tricky, since there is no package to follow, and I also use the turkey stock and drippings to add flavor to the stuffing, so I don't really have a way to count what goes into the pot. I just make enough stuffing for everyone to eat, and then go with it. This isn't vegetarian stuffing, there isn't a way to make it vegetarian. If it was vegetarian, it would be called something else, not sausage stuffing.
2 stalks celery
1 package sausage, any kind
several cups bread crumbs
2 cans chicken stock or turkey stock
1. Cook sausage in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and celery to cook in fat.
2. Add broth, bring to a boil.
3. Add croutons. Continue adding until the stock is absorbed in the bread.
4. Add turkey drippings over the top. Add more turkey stock if necessary. Stir.
5. Bake in the oven at 350 until done to your satisfaction.