I am a sucker for cooked eggplant. Especially with tomato sauce and pasta. So a few weeks ago, we had some extra eggplant and I turned to How to Cook Everything Vegetarian for a quick eggplant parm recipe. I was surprised that Bittman recommended using flour, since in the past I've just coated the eggplant with breadcrumbs.
Eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch slices and dried out for at least an hour or so
1. Dredge eggplant slices in flour to coat both sides
2. Heat oil in skillet, heat oven to 350
3. Toss eggplant slices into skillet, allow them to get crispy brown on both sides.
4. Drain eggplant onto paper towels.
5. Pour spaghetti sauce into pan; place eggplant on top, top with Parmesan cheese.
6. Cook at 350 for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
Enjoy with pasta and more spaghetti sauce.