I know, it sounds gross. But there really aren't many good flounder recipes out there, even though flounder is pretty cheap and can be quite delicious. I did that thing where you go to Costco and think, "oh, I need fish" and then get home and find out in fact, you have fish. Twice. So we are working through three bags of flounder. Since fish cooks so fast, I like to have quick and cheap recipes in my back pocket. This one was really good.
4 fillets flounder
1 bottle of creamy salad dressing (I used a low fat parmesean peppercorn ranch)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
parmesean cheese (optional)
olive oil in a spray bottle (or other spray oil)
1. Heat oven to 425. If you have a pizza stone, heat it up in the oven.
2. Mix breadcrumbs and parmesean cheese
3. Once the oven is hot, take out the stone (or skip that step and just put it on a pan) and spray with olive oil.
4. Put the fish on the pan, squeeze about 2 tsp of salad dressing on each piece of fish and spread evenly over fish.
5. Cover the top with breadcrumbs, pressing into the dressing, until well coated.
6. Spray with a little more olive oil.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through.