Monday, October 6, 2008

Best. Thing. Ever.

I'm carbo loading for my half marathon next weekend, so this has led to the pantry being full of pasta and the fridge being full of bagels.
I picked up a box of pasta salad from target yesterday. It was their Archer Farms brand of "Tuscan Basil Pesto Pasta Salad." I normally stay away from pasta-salad-in-a-box because somebody puts mayo in it and mayo is gross. But you can make this with olive oil and it is fantastic. You can also make it with mayo, but why would you?
It says it makes 6 servings but we only got 4 out of it - probably because I used it as full meals and not a hearty side.
It's pretty much just ordinary pasta salad, except that it is fantastically delicious. And it was about $4 for a box - which is $1 for a meal. It's a little more than a PB & J, but its more gourmet than a PB&J as well. It's still way less than you would pay for pasta salad by the pound at a grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment