However, making it myself? So I can adjust how much curry goes in? Yum.
Here is the recipe for a simple "No Hurry Vegetable Curry" based on the recipe in "Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker." It is adapted slightly for our mondo-normous six quart slow cooker.
- Potatoes - 2-4 potatoes, diced
- Onion - 1 medium, diced
- 2-3 carrots, sliced on a diagonal
- garlic, minced
- curry powder
- cayenne pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz string beans, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- frozen peas - half cup
- half cup of coconut milk.
- Six quart slow cooker
- Pan (I've renamed my 2 inch deep frying pan/skillet/cooking dish the "always pan" because I use it daily.)
- Put onion and carrot in pan on medium high heat in some olive oil to soften
- Add garlic, curry powder, and cayenne pepper (this is where your personal spice tolerance comes in). Allow to coat and heat.
- Put in slow cooker stoneware.
- Add potatoes, chickpeas, green beans, tomatoes, and anything else except the frozen peas and coconut milk.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. (If your crockpot is defective like ours and runs too hot, go for 5-7.)
- Add coconut milk and green peas 1/2 hour before serving. Stir into curry.
- Serve over naan bread or basmati rice. (I love the Trader Joe's Na'an bread. Its amazing.)