Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Goat Cheese and Black Bean Buritto

So I came home for lunch today and made myself a burrito, but since I splurged at Costco and bought goat cheese over the weekend, I knew I wanted to use it. (Goat cheese is $4 for like, 1lb. of it at Costco, so its really not a splurge.) I had a black bean and goat cheese burrito at Burrito Beach when we were in Chicago, and it was delicious, so I decided to channel that.
Ingredients:
  • Goat cheese
  • Black Beans (I used about a half a can, but that was for just me)
  • Spinach leaves (fresh.)
  • red onion (I happened to have some leftover, you could use regular onion as well, or no onion
  • Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste (I was too lazy to mince garlic)
  • Tortilla
Procedure:
  1. Saute onions in olive oil.
  2. Add black beans and warm through. Remove from heat. Season.
  3. Add goat cheese and melt in with the black beans
  4. Put tortilla in the microwave (I zap them for about 20 seconds so they are more malleable.
  5. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on the tortilla.
  6. Add some spinach leaves.
  7. Pile on the black beans.
  8. Enjoy.
I estimate the total cost of this burrito to be less than $1.50. I think the one I got at Burrito Beach was like, $6. It did have veggies and rice though, but this has certainly perked up my Tuesday, all in about 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I hesitate to put tortillas in the microwave, because they tend to sweat, and it doesn't really add much besides soften them up. Here's a trick i learned from Robert Rodriguez: just put them right on the gas stove! A few seconds on either side makes them crispy/chewy and the little scorches are quite nice. You could always heat them on a skillet if you don't want them directly on the flame.

    ReplyDelete