Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Is there such a thing as too many fruits and vegetables? I'm beginning to think...maybe. Today I ate blueberries and yogurt for breakfast, beans with zuchinni and onions and broccoli for lunch, and then some grapes as a snack before my run, then a banana after my run, then for dinner I'm having two Boca Chik'n Patties and some green beans. (Snacks were Wasa crispbread with peanut butter.)
I don't feel good. I just feel kinda nauseous. This might be because my run went poorly.
Tomorrow, I'm easing up on the heavy fruits and veggies and returning to some carbs. I'm still trying to keep sodium, gluten, and animal fats to a minimum. I purchased some quinoa pasta and some rice cakes today, for some variety.
The advantage of detoxing has been that I have finally gotten the FDA recommended serving of fruits and vegetables. The disadvantage is that I'm bored eating just fruits and veggies - even though they are different, they all taste a little the same after too much.
I have found that I really like my vanilla yogurt spiked with blueberries - two things I don't like very much on their own. I have found that I miss things, even though I don't eat them daily, I just want them now that I can't have them. I have also found that I'm not totally lacking in willpower - today I engaged in a staring contest with some candy in the breakroom, and let it go.
Today was not a good recipe day, so I'll let you know tomorrow what kind of sauce I put on my pasta....its gotta be low sodium and low in animal fat...

No comments:

Post a Comment