Sunday, October 18, 2009

Menu Planning

Menu planning is key to making sure you eat healthy. Even if you sometimes skip what you have menu planned, sitting down and doing the legwork is still key.
Today I hit the farmer's market my way home from Race for the Cure. I hadn't done any research, but we are trying to eat better and eat more vegetables here in the Treadhoffigan house. So I'm now trying to figure out what to do with my finds.
I bought myself a spaghetti squash, because I've heard interesting things about them. I think we will try this recipe sometime this week.
I also grabbed some sweet potatoes, and I think I'm going to try to make some kind of curry with them, but I'm still looking for a good recipe.
I picked up some seitan on the recommendation of a few friends when I was at Whole Foods on Friday, and I'm thinking we'll do a ginger-soy marinade stir fry type of dish. We don't have asparagus, but I think zuchinni might work okay.
We're also going to do unsloppy joes, to use up some of our vegetables and the rolls we have.
What are you eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment