Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cinnamon Bun Popcorn

It occurred to me that I should really share this recipe with the world.  My college roommate taught us to make it, and it's still one of our big guilty pleasures.  It's sticky, but delicious.  It's great study food, but make sure you have a wet nap so you don't get icing on your keyboard.
You will need:

  • 1 bag microwave popcorn (you can use butter flavor, unflavored/unsalted, light, etc.)  [I've never tried this with non-microwave popcorn, but I keep meaning to]
  • 1 container of vanilla icing (I have also used cream cheese.  I don't recommend whipped, but the light is fine.)
  • Cinnamon
  • a spoon
  • a non-metal, microwaveable mixing bowl [the bigger the better]
  • a spatula
Procedure:
  1. Pop bag of popcorn.  Do not burn!  If you burn it, trash it and start over.  
  2. Pour popcorn into the mixing bowl.  
  3. Add about 6 tablespoon sized dots of icing to the top of the popcorn.  
  4. Put in microwave for 30 seconds, or until icing is soft/melted.  
  5. Toss popcorn with icing, sprinkling with cinnamon as you go.  
Best. sleepover. food. ever.  That is all.  Eat with a side of the remaining container of icing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment