Tonight's pizza was eggplant; and upon realizing that we were out of mozzerella, I improvised. The results are delicious. You will need:
- 1/2 an eggplant, sliced thinly into small pieces.
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Tomato sauce
- Pizza dough (use any recipe you like, I love the one from the New Best Recipe Cookbook)
- Goat cheese
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread eggplant, garlic, and olive oil in a pan. Roast in oven for 20 minutes on one side, 15 on the other while the oven preheats.
- Prepare dough, preheat for 15-20 minutes in oven at the same time eggplant is roasting.
- Spread tomato sauce on dough; then top with eggplant, goat cheese, and parmesean cheese.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
This is the first time a full sized pizza crust hasn't been soggy in the center, and I'm very pleased.