I'm trying hard to reduce how much processed food I eat in my life, but I often rely on frozen lunches to get me through the day (I usually let Mr. Barefoot take the leftovers, although less so now that my office has a fridge). Anyway, I was looking into how to make my own hot pockets today, because it's a skill I would like to have. I found a few recipes and will test them out. Then I was thinking, what would I put in a delicious, healthy, vegetarian hot pocket?
- Caramelized onion and feta or swiss cheese
- Vegetarian meatballs and tomato sauce.
- Butternut squash, onions, and parmesean cheese
- Black beans, taco cheese, and salsa
- Eggplant, tomatoes, and goat cheese.
-Broccoli, cheddar cheese, and garlic.
How will these keep in the freezer? I have NO idea. I think caramelized onion will hold up pretty well, and the meatball sub. I also plan to make some vegetarian pizza ones, because we know those work.
Any other suggestions? If you suggest it, I'll come up with a recipe for it!