Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Unitasker you need

One of the things that bothers me about Alton Brown is that he is all against unitaskers, and then on the taco episode, he goes out and buys a tortilla press, but he gets a big one that also makes buritto-sized tortillas, thereby making it not-a-unitasker.

So in that vein, Tupperware Burger Keepers are Not A Unitasker, as they can be used to make hamburgers, veggie burgers, salmon cakes, and falafel burgers (as I have just done.)

I first saw the Tupperware Burger Keepers at my mother-in-law's house, and as I am terrible at making my own patties, Mr. Barefoot asked her to get me a set for my birthday.  "Now, I thought these were an odd gift but Mr. Barefoot said you would like it," she said, as I squealed when I opened them.

See, the tupperware set looks like this one from Amazon:
The great thing about them is that the burger patties get pressed into tupperwares that stack onto each other and can be refrigerated or frozen until use. Since we often make our salmon cakes at the beginning of the week, or have leftover burgers when we make a full batch, this is great! I actually have a double set of containers, since my MIL is extra-awesome.  These take all of the hard work out of shaping burgers, and the even harder work out of storing them.  

I wanted to share them with you because this isn't that common an item to have these days, but if you are like me, and like to eat food in burger form, these are a total kitchen must-have.  You can get them on Ebay for a pretty reasonable price, or you can get the knock-off Oster set from Amazon.  

Anyone else have suggestions for making and shaping burgers? I have seen people use foil, but that seems kind of wasteful, and in my experience the burgers stick to the foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment