Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dump Cake

So apparently I've never posted the recipe for Dump Cake. I am hosting some friends for a birthday festivity on Saturday, and since I'm a busy bee, I was concerned I would not have time to make a cake. Plus, dump cake is fantastic, everyone loves it, and apparently I can make it in my slow cooker. And if I put it in the slow cooker, it will be warm and delicious when we do eat it.
Dump cake is so called because you dump the ingredients into the pan.
Ingredients:
  • 1 can crushed pineapple
  • 1 can/bottle maraschino or other cherries (supposedly cherry pie filling works too)
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
  • Spray
Equipment:
  • Slow cooker or 9x13 pan.
  • Pyrex measuring cup
Procedure:
  1. Spray inside of slow cooker or pan
  2. Dump in pineapple and cherries (distribute evenly, do not mix).
  3. Dump box of cake mix on top (maybe for slow cooker)
  4. Melt butter in microwave
  5. Pour butter on top
  6. Cook in slow cooker for 3-6 hours or until delicious; cook in 350 oven for 20-30 minutes or until delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment