We've been eating a bit more fish in the Barefoot household lately. Mr. Barefoot loves strong flavors, like chili, and I like milder things, like cream sauces, so I tried this recipe from Fitness Magazine for chili salmon with cilantro cream.
Verdict: It was good. Usually I do salmon with chili powder and breadcrumbs, but this was really tasty without the added hassle of crumbs. I made a few alterations, like taking out the poblano pepper and using greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I also only made it for two. Here's my recipe:
2 limes (or one lime and some lime juice, which is what I used)
4 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped up, or fed through a garlic press
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp olive oil (I actually used canola and it was fine)
2 4oz salmon fillets
1 cup frozen corn kernels (don't need to thaw)
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt (I use fat free)
bunch of cilantro washed and pulled off the stalks
Procedure (preheat oven to 425):
1. Put juice of one lime, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and 1 tsp olive oil together in a prep bowl
2. Put salmon in a marinating bowl or on baking sheet, coat in lime/garlic/chili mixture.
3. Combine red pepper, corn, onion, 1 tsp olive oil, and more chili powder and ground cumin together in a mixing bowl. Stir until evenly coated.
4. Lay the corn out flat on a baking sheet. Put salmon on baking sheet.
5. Cook both for 10 minutes. The salmon may need a little longer.
6. While cooking, combine greek yogurt and cilantro in blender/mini food processor. I used the immersion blender and a bowl because I didn't feel like cleaning the food processor.