Sunday, February 27, 2011

Silver Dollar Pancakes with greek yogurt

Greek yogurt has become my Frank's Red Hot - I put it on everything.  Or more accurately, in everything.  It's high in protein, holds up well, and comes in low fat or no fat varieties that cook just as well as full fat sour cream.  This morning I altered the Joy of Cooking Silver Dollar Pancakes recipe to use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.  The results were really good, especially with mini chocolate chips in them.  (The pancakes are so small that full size chocolate chips would overwhelm them.)  
Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
2 large eggs
1 cup greek yogurt (I only had 3/4 of a cup, so I used what I had and then added about 1/4 cup milk.)  

Procedure:
1. Preheat griddle to medium heat.  (We have a two-burner griddle I'm still trying to master.  Today I found that heating it on "5" for about 10 minutes as I got food ready created an even-er heating surface.)
2. Mix together dry ingredients.  Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.  Pour wet into dry, mix quickly.
3. Pour batter onto griddle to create small pancakes.  Mine are usually about 2 inches in diameter.  Add chocolate chips.  
4. Wait about 1 minute or so, and then check one of the cakes to see if it is ready to flip.  These do not act like normal pancakes and bubble, so you will have to do a little guesswork - so make sure the griddle is on low enough heat that the cakes don't burn.  

1 comment:

  1. SilverGoldBull is a highly reputable bullion dealer. They will provide you with competitive, real-time rates and guarantee your gold and silver is delivered to your door discreetly and safely.

    ReplyDelete