I'm totally coming around to crockpot pasta. It's an easy way to deal with pasta, especially on a lazy Sunday when I don't feel like sauteing eggplant, boiling water, and cooking tomato sauce all at once. This is a great recipe for a work-from-home person, since you do need to cook the eggplant first, and then add the tomato sauce and pasta later.
1 large eggplant
1 jar tomato sauce
1/2 box whole wheat pasta (if you use a full box, use 2 jars)
Garlic and lots of it
1. Peel and chop eggplant and put in greased crockpot.
2. Dice garlic, add to eggplant. Add some more olive oil and salt.
3. Cook on high for 1-2 hours.
4. Add tomato sauce when eggplant is soft and tasty.
5. Add pasta and crumbles when there is about 45-60 minutes cooking time left. (I rinse the pasta in a colander so it has a little more water. You may want to do this too.)
6. Serve when pasta is cooked through garnished with Parmesan cheese.