- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine buttermilk, egg yolk, vanilla, stir to mix.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- Add butter to flour, mix with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add half buttermilk mixture and mix with flour until well blended and changes color slightly.
- Add remaining buttermilk mixture.
- Pour into muffin tins or silicone baking cups (I got a set from my friend Catherine and they are awesome.)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1 tsp milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Mix everything together with a hand mixer.