1 block of extra firm tofu packed in water (frozen and thawed)
2 tablespoon margarine
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup whole wheat flour + 2 tablespoons
1 lemon juiced and zest (or a few generous squirts of lemon juice...about 1tbsp.)
4 tablespoon rosemary
1/2 onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 cup of veggie broth
1 Pyrex 9x9 dish
1 frying pan
small container to roll tofu in (a tupperware dish works well for this)
Oven at 350
- Slice the tofu on the short end to create 12 similar size cutlets - press the tofu for at least 30 minutes to drain.
- Once drained, dredge the tofu through the flour and brown in olive oil in a skillet till browned on each side
- Place all the browned tofu into a 9x9 baking dish.
- In the skillet add 1/2 tablespoon of margarine and sauté the onion and garlic until they are translucent. Then add the remaining margarine and 2 tablespoon of flour and combine well. When it all forms a paste, add the juice and zest of the lemon, rosemary and the veggie broth and stir well to combine all ingredients. (If you are going to make rice to go with it, start boiling the water now.)
- Pour the sauce over the tofu and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 - 20 minutes.