Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweet and Sour Tofu

I'm trying out this recipe for dinner - I'll post a review or retraction later. I did want to say that I used the pre-cubed Nasoya tofu that you can buy and it is awesome. There was no chopping the tofu while the water ran everywhere and accidentally crushing it in the process. The cost-per-pound is slightly higher - it costs the same amount as regular tofu but it contains a little less - but I never use a full block anyway, and often it goes bad before I use it. It comes in 1cm square cubes and is really easy to use. I will definitely be buying it again, because I am much more likely to use tofu if I can just dump it in the pan/slow cooker without doing any work. The put everything in a ziploc and coat it with cornstarch method also worked much better than my usual "dredge each individual piece in flour" method.
I used the small slow cooker, so I had some leftover crispy tofu, which will probably go into a curry or stir fry later this week.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog from another friends blog...and I love it! I am a vegetarian & these are great recipes!

    :)

    ReplyDelete