Monday, November 7, 2011

Favorite Summer Recipes

So I'm participating in a monthly meal planning cooperative and I have been assigned the month of June.  I have some recipes already, a combination of old standbys that are good any time of the year (sweet potato tacos, macaroni and cheese, felafel burgers, curry) and summer-only favorites (garlic scape and arugula pesto, panzanella, quinoa salad, couscous chickpea salad), but I'm looking for a few new ideas.

I'm especially looking for things to do with greens.  I'd like to have a good standby recipe for steamed or sauteed greens that you can do with collards, mustard greens, kale, or chard, that comes out tasting pretty good with any of them.  Greens are really, really healthy, and they are relatively easy to prep ahead of time and then throw into a big pan right before dinner is ready, so they are perfect for weeknight cooking.  When I first waffled on the CSA, several of you suggested that greens could easily be steamed and frozen - but I have not perfected this method, so please help by suggesting your method of cooking or recipe. 

I'm also looking for a really stellar grilled tofu recipe. I had some recently that was really good, on a sandwich in DC.  It didn't have much of a marinade, but it was really good in a sandwich with raw yellow squash and zucchini that was sliced really thin.  Anyone have a good recipe?

I will definitely share the fruits of my/your labors as soon as everything is set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment