Thursday, November 10, 2011

Recipe Review: Crockpot Falafel

I really like falafel.  I'm a total failure at making it though.  It's just a flipping disaster.  I mean that literally.  I can't flip them.

So I decided to try the falafel crockpot recipe from 365 Crockpot.  First off, let me just say - it WORKS. I did NOT think that you could crockpot falafel and have it come out all crunchy.  I did lay a towel over the top of the crockpot under the lid to absorb extra moisture, but I don't think it was necessary.

The second thing I will say is that I didn't feel like the spices were strong enough.  That's probably because I don't actually measure spices and just shake.  There is no way I put two tablespoons of cumin and a tablespoon of ground coriander in this, and, I didn't put in nearly enough salt.

I served the falafel with a greek yogurt-dill sauce that was very good.  I took about 5 stems of dill, washed and trimmed them, and chopped them, and then mixed them with about half a cup of greek yogurt.  I would be open to suggestions for ways to improve this sauce.  What do you like on falafel?

No comments:

Post a Comment