Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Stuffing

I made Pumpkin Mac & Cheese for thanksgiving dinner on Friday at my parent's house, so for Thursday at my grandmother's, I used some of the extra diced pumpkin I had to do a roasted pumpkin cornbread stuffing.
I've taken this recipe from the Food Network, and combined it with slow cooker stuffing techniques from the Authority on Slow Cooking. I started by roasting the pumpkin and mushrooms in the oven on about 325 degrees.
Ingredients:
1 bag cornbread stuffing
1 onion, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 box of sliced roasted mushrooms
1 cup sliced roasted pumpkin (cut up into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller)
1 can veggie broth
1 can water (just fill the veggie broth can with water once you're done with it, don't call me from the store telling me you can't find a can of water.
sage, thyme (fresh if possible), salt, pepper to taste
ground up pumpkin seeds
1 egg (optional)

Procedure:
1) Dump everything dry into slow cooker, mix well.
2) Add liquid, mix more.
3) Cook on high for 2-4 hours, or low for 4-6 hours, depending on how broken your slow cooker is. (Ours cooks too fast, so it takes 2 on high or 4 on low.)

Enjoy! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment