- Mushrooms - we didn't use enough, because Mr. Barefoot always forgets how much they cook down. I would use about 20 next time, or really, the entire box.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups red wine (or just pour until they are covered. You can also add some water.)
- Slice and prep mushrooms.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute mushrooms in butter until soft and cooked. Add garlic and cook for until garlic is slightly cooked.
- Pour in red wine. Allow to come to a boil, then simmer.
- Simmer until wine becomes a thick sauce (5-10 minutes).
We had ours over salmon, but they would be fantastic with just about anything, or just served over cous cous or rice. Or risotto. Man that would be amazing.